Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Butterfly in the Window - CASE Study #9

It's past 1:30 am here, but I had to post this card before the deadline.


I made it for CASE Study Challenge #9 and I must say I was delighted by the inspiration card. This is also my favorite type of challenge. I don't like sketch challenges, I don't hate color challenges, but I absolutely love CASE challenges and this new challenge blog is exactly that.

My intention was to make a card as close to the inspiration piece, but I never manage to do that so I am just happy I went with my style. Although I had made some ruffle flowers and also assembled some prima flowers to put on the card, I eventually gave up both options and added this little buterfly that was actually meant for something else.


This is how I generally work, from one idea emerges another so I always end up having a pile of  "work in progress" on my table. This autumn I plan to finish a few projects and not allow myself to pass on to another before at least one of th old ones is finished. I simply cannot allow myself to make that pile bigger.

I will be also selling lots of cards, mini albums and other stuff... you already know, to make room for the baby. The boxes have to go. I am currently having more boxes with paper and projects than furniture.


[Edit]

I made an envelope in the morning to match my card. This is going to be my first card for sale from the major stash decluttering I started this autumn.

Watch my "Things for sale page" for more.


7 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Meda! I love the colors. The embossing is wonderful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful card with soft colours and great embossing! Thanks so much for playing! xxx

Corina Petre said...

Foarte frumos!Nu ma gandeam ca vor arata asa de bine frunzele astea...

R.Maria Sabina(Lollyrot) said...

beautiful! imi place bordura:D

Savitri said...

This is great and glad you went with your style. I think it's important because you enjoy the process more.

Chris said...

Lovely embossing and wonderful card. It was so much fun to sponsor CASE study this past week - thanks for playing along!

Court said...

beautiful!