Thursday, October 7, 2010

Boo Hooo Wondereland



I was writing about the Traveling Sketchbooks on Tuesday.
It is now time to show you my first art piece that went into Lolly's Sketchbook.
Her theme is "owls, butterflies and cupcakes" and I chose owls this time.




I really had fun making this.
The background is a collage from one of my husband's science fiction books that I totr and glued to the pages. I brushed some gesso over it to hide some some of the color. I wanted it to be more transparent but I wouldn't risk getting the pages too wet bya dding more color so next time I am trying some acrylic paint.

Added a cuttlebug snowflake, cut our some owls, glued them to the pages, added strings and voila, we are ready for Christmas.




I gave the book to Laura who is the next on the list.

Once the first circle is closed and each of us receives her own sketchbook back we can take in new participants, so if you are interested in joining us, just drop me a note.

3 comments:

Maria Sabina R said...

ff tare! abia astept sa le vad pe toate!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Meda TFI:) x

fairyrocks said...

Popping in from the Cuttlebug Challenge, What a delightful blog.
Love your wall mural and the wood block is a thing to be envied for sure!!!