Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Simple Black and White Wedding Invitations (Invitatii de nunta simple cu alb si negru)

It is time for Cuttlebug Challenge #13. We were supposed to make a simple white card. Well, for those who know me it's a known fact that I like contrasts so I just had to sneak in a little bit of black.

E timpul pentru Cuttlebug Challenge #13. Tema e: simplu si alb, dar cine ma cunoaste stie ca prefer contrastul, deci a trebuit sa folosesc macar putin negru.



I chose to do wedding invitations. I Started with e one above, trying to keep it as white as possible. The label is a vector graphic I quickly did with my software's pen tool than printed out. For the background I used Provo Craft's Textile embossing folder. The actual invite will be printed on velum which is held together by the sheer organza ribbon.

Am hotarat sa fac niste modele de invitatii de nunta. Am inceput cu cea de mai sus incercand sa folosesc alb intr-o proportie cat mai mare. Eticheta e desenata intrun program de grafica vectoriala si apoi tiparita, iar textura eleganta a hartiei e obtinuta prin stantare. Textul va fi tiparit pe hartie transparenta care se prinde de invitatie cu panglica de organza.

The next 2 samples are done using the same technique with 2 of my favorite ribbons. The text can be printed on vellum or directly on the card to stay low with the price.

Urmatoarele 2 modele sunt realizate cu ajutorul aceleiasi tehnici, dar sunt decorate cu 2 dintre panglicile mele preferate din ultima perioada. Textul poate fi tiparit fie pe hartie transparenta, fie direct pe invitatie pentru a pastra pretul cat mai scazut posibil.





I would call these fit for a year of economical crisis: simple, yet very elegant.

As spune ca aceste invitatii simple si elegante sunt foarte potrivite pentru perioada de criza economica pe care o traversam.

15 comments:

Manna said...

These cards are so simple and yet so stunning! I love them all. Beautiful folder for wedding cards.

Chrissie said...

These are beautiful. I did the names on my wedding card with the Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet!
Thanks for your kind comments!
Chrissie

Chris said...

Absolutely stunning Meda! I think you managed to have less colour than I did LOL! I think these are the perfect wedding invitations, very elegant. Chris :)

AB. said...

Beautiful cards - so classic & simple.
Peace & love
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Meda, simple and elegant for weddings!

Hugs

~Spike

Christy said...

Those are all so sweet! Love them!

Captain Scrappy said...

Elegant and classy... great cards!
Jenn M

Jessica said...

Wow, amazing cards Meda! I just love how much texture you get from the embossing. And the hint of black is just perfect.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Irene said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog,

This card is so elegant,classic and so beautiful.

luv
irene
xxxx

Merry said...

Love the cuttlebug cards, especially the white on white card.

Annasmama said...

Very beautiful, very effectie cards, absolutely stunning!
Greetings from Renate

Sam said...

wow. I just love those cards, simple yet every so elegant.

Anonymous said...

If I were getting married all over again, I would certainly hope that you would create my invitations, Meda.

This B&W creation is overflowing with elegance, along with an aire of superb simplicity.

~Bev

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love the B&W invitations but really, be careful of the economical crisis observation.. it not suits at all with the idea of "the most special moment of my life".
my advice, get it out of there.

maia

Crissy said...

Foarte frumos. Felicitari.
Congratulations. I like all your cards and wedding invitations.