Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wall Painting (Pictura pe perete)

Do you know what's better than canvas painting?
Wall painting.

I just love how the brush glides on a fresh white painted wall. This is a poppy and wild flowers painting I did in a friend's bedroom. I now have to make 3 litle canvas paintings to match her room decor.



And this is me, about 2 weeks ago when I finished the painting.

There are some other little accents across the room, many of which my friend has painted herself. I haven't taken any photos of that but I really loved what she did and I even encourage all of you to just take a brush, some acrylic paintig and have a go. You never know what comes out.


I did make some sketches in my sketchbook before taking it on the wall so I could get familiar with the blooms I wanted, the brushstrokes and so on. I'll take some photos of my sketchbook and tell you more of the painting process if you want.

7 comments:

Maria Sabina R said...

chiar ti a iesit f fain. si imi place ca e doar linie:) si o singura culoare.

Court said...

Beautiful! I love it and can't wait to see the small canvases! And it's SO great to see your tummy! :)

Meda said...

Thanks, Court. I posted that picture on purpose. Everyone asks for pictures of me now so I guess I'll be posting some more.

LIL.LU BIJOUX said...

Imi place ! :) Imi place pictura, imi plac culorile , tema...
Meda, are burtica ? :D
Felicitari !

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!

Kind regards,

Renata

Christina Hicks said...

Congratulations soon to be a mommy!! Oh and gosh wish I was your friend so you could paint my wall lol, that is gorgeous!

Jones Morris said...

Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. diamond painting