Monday, October 4, 2010

A Piece of India (O bucatica din India)

Ever since I saw them for the first time I wanted an Indian wood carved printing block. This wish became true yesterday when I finally met Laura in person. She lives in India with her husband and is in Romania visiting her family.



Here is the two of us in a coffee shop. We are both pregnant almost at the same time so you can imagine how fun it was reading the news on her blog. Life is changing already as we discussed so little about scrapbooking and so much about the new experience that we both share.


Back to India, I'd like you to have a look at this video about textile printing using the wood blocks mentioned above. The dies they are using are all natural.


Of course, I am going to use my block on paper, but I might also try it on textiles one day.

4 comments:

Court said...

That's phenomenal. Gorgeous!

sassyb07 said...

hello Meda
I've just had a peek at everything you've been doing lately and must say everything is stunning!
You've been very busy this past month.
I love your painting on the wall, it looks beautiful and your fall cards are gorgoues.
You look happy and healthy. Hope all is going well with your pregnancy....
I've not left comments at each post, I thought I'd just do this one to catch up.
take care
hugs, Valerie

ellen s. said...

oh meda. that is amazing! wowowowowo...gorgeous! your very own printing blog. imagine the possibilities!

Bev Gerard said...

My heart nearly smiled-out-loud when I saw this picture, Meda! Ohhhhhh, what a treasured time for you!
Please know that I'm sending my prayers and Texas {{{hugggsss}}} to you and yours!

~Bev