Wednesday, February 11, 2009
This is my sample for Cuttlebug Be Inspired #18: SHAPE CARDS
I had so many card ideas! I think we should really do this again sometime.
The rest of the DT have some great samples too, so please visit Cuttlebug Challenge Blog to see them all.
How to make this card:
1) Draw a tree.
2) Use trace paper to copy it on the cardstock that will be the base of your card. Make sure not to cut out all the upper part so your card can open and close.
3) Trace the tree trunk on brown paper and the leaves on green paper and cut out. Repeat this step, only turn your paper if not double sided so you have the mirrored images.
4) Use a swirls embossing folder to make the leaves. I used the Fiskars Filigree texture plate.
5) Glue the colored paper to the front and back of the card.
6) Stamp some birds, color, cut out, punch a small heart and mount them with pop dots on your card front.
This is how the open card looks. I initially intended to add more embellishments to it but then I decided to keep it simple this time.