Sunday, February 15, 2015

Winter Wonderland Invitations Part 2

Hello,
I am back with more winter wonderland invitations.
Here is part one.
And here is the winter wonderland guest book post.


***
ICE CRYSTAL INVITATION

With its muted palette of metallic white-grey, silver and ice blue, this invitation has been a real heat.
I may be discontinuing it for 2015 though or change the design a bit.



***
BLUE SNOWFLAKE INVITATION 5X7

This one is a one time invitation. Inspired by the Ice Crystal design above, I was asked to make it 5x7 for cheaper mailing and I also added this delicate lacy snowflake.
Unfortunately the die only performed well on the first few cuts, that it was a pain to cut through the approx. 100 snowflakes I needed.
I can't remember who makes it. I will have to look on the label and come back. Anyway, it's beautiful and can be great for card making. I think I only payed £5 for it. I'd rather pay more and get longer life for my dies though. Personally I prefer the deeper blade dies that come with ejection foam like the old cuttlebug dies or some of the sizzix.


My mother helping me melt the embossing powder.



 ***
MORE BEADED STATIONERY

These are just some of the designs I made while working on other custom orders.
My best ideas come from the messiest creative chaos. Take that away and you leave me without my source of inspiration which is almost my current state after giving up my rented studio space and moving back home with work. Luckily I still have lots of unexplored ideas. More about that in a future post.



***
BEADED SNOWFLAKE AND LACE INVITATION

This is another design I initially made while working on something else. Somehow a sweet sixteen i aqua blue met some lace and one of my beaded snowflakes.

Then I listed it in my Etsy shop. And then I made some more. I only have some ugly photos I took with my phone (which is a great phone otherwise) but I still wanted to share.





***
ANA'S WINTER WONDERLAND INVITATIONS WITH FROZEN KEYS

This was another Etsy order I had the pleasure of working on. The invitation is not new but the challenge was to make the information fit on the enclosure cards.
Ana wanted two cards but I couldn't fit the accommodation information on the Directions cards without spoiling the layout.

The accommodation info said "Your room has been reserved for you" which gave me the idea of making the cards like they were some hotel keys. The bride loved it and I loved being able to infuse some creativity in my work. Things like this can make me happier than $1000 which is why I am such a lousy business person :)





No comments: