Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wedding Invitations for my Cousin (Invitatii de nunta pentru verisoara mea)


My cousin is getting married in May, so I have spent the last 2 weeks working on her invitations. She totally brought me out of my comfort zone when she asked for cream and gold with 2 doves caring a ribbon. I also had to keep everything clean and simple (again, not my style). The result is not one of my favorite projects (except for the golden stripe of paper I added to the envelope), but my experience in working with customers has taught me that is impossible for me to like everything they do.

I am currently working on 2 other wedding sets which I hope to share with you this week if I can find some time for blogging.

PS. My good friend Bev called me today because she was worried about my absence online so I’ll try to post something new every week from now on.


Verisoara mea se casatoreste in mai, asa ca mi-am petrecut ultimele 2 saptamani lucrand la invitatiile pentru nunta ei. Adina m-a scos total din "zona mea de confort" cerandu-mi sa folosesc culorile crem si auriu, combinate cu imagine a 2 porumbei care tin o panglica. De asemenea, a trebuit sa ma limitez la un stil simplu care, din nou, nu mi se potriveste deloc. Rezultatul e o invitatie de care nu sunt foarte incantata (cu exceptia benzii aurii pe care am adaugat-o la plic), dar am invatat din experienta mea cu diversi clienti ca e imposibil sa-mi placa tot ceea ce le place si lor.

Momentan lucrez la alte 2 seturi de invitatii pe care sper sa vi le pot arata in cursul saptamanii, daca gasesc ceva timp liber.

P.S. Azi dimineata m-a sunat prietena mea Bev sa vada ce mai fac. Nu imi mai facusem aparitia online de 2 saptamani si era ingrijorata asa ca voi incerca sa public cate ceva pe blog cel putin o data pe saptamana.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is maybe not your style, but you did a great job !

Unknown said...

This is very pretty, Meda! I think you did a fine job on it!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful .. and so elegant as well! Meda, I even adore the wonderful 'staging' you've done for these photos of your work! Excellent!

~Bev